Built from 1928 – 1930, the heritage-listed Armidale Teachers’ College is an impressive building surrounded by formal gardens high on a hill overlooking the city of Armidale.
The College was built to train school teachers for country service and played an important part in the establishment of the University of New England.
The building has social and cultural significance to many thousands of teaching, nursing, and other adult education students who graduated from the College, as well as the many academic and administrative staff who have worked there since 1929.
Many of the building’s heritage features remain intact, featuring Australian timbers, terrazzo stairs and parquetry floors, and a commanding foyer and staircase leading to the first-floor auditorium.
Disabled access available, contact operator for details.